Welcome to my blog. I am going to use this blog for my Educational Technologies course. I am going to post my homework and activities. You can share your comments with me.
Hello!! This week in my Current Issues in ELT course we were assigned to create an augmented/virtual reality integrated teaching material. My friend Büşra Hazal and I decided to create a teaching material that explores and raises awareness on a global issue. We chose Marine pollution because it is an important issue that affects all humanity. That is why in our material we explained marine pollution and supported our explanations with 360 videos. At the end of our material, we also added a homework section and assigned our students to create a poster and start acting. Hazal and I had so much fun while choosing 360 videos for our content. There are so many videos that explain water pollution and integrate students into the environment of polluted oceans. Even though right now AR/VR technologies look a little bit hard to apply in language teaching classrooms due to the lack of technological devices, I believe that they will have great importance in the future tha...
Hello Everyone!! This week for my Educational Technologies class we were assigned to watch a movie and write a review about it. My friend Büşra Hazal Sert and I watched Lucy and we wrote a movie review about it on our class wiki page. Lucy is a science fiction and action movie aired in 2014 and it is about a woman (Scarlett Johansson) who achieved to use 100% of her brain capacity which made her solve the mysteries of the universe and humankind. Büşra Hazal and I could not stop laughing in some scenes because they were looking very unreal. However it was a great and interesting movie with awards and nominations that everyone should watch. Especially the visual effects were really good for a movie from 2014. I had great time using our class wiki page and working with Hazal. Wiki page was easy to use and being able to edit and write our comments about a movie we watched or we want to watch in the future was very entertaining. Using wikis as collaborative writing tools is a really ...
Hi! This week in my Educational Technologies we were assigned to create a digital poster. We had two options. I chose to create a movie poster. Our duty was to create a movie poster about a book that we have read. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is one of my favorite books. That is why I decided to create a movie poster about it. The book is about Arthur Dent's escape from Earth by hitchhiking with an alien named Ford Prefect just before the end of the world. I used Canva to create my movie poster. Because I have used Canva before with my friend Büşra Hazal for our digital story assignment and I am more familiar with it. Creating things with Canva and using Canva is very easy and entertaining. Canva's templates helped me a lot while creating my poster. After following the instructions of my assignment my poster was ready. I would definitely give a task like this to my future students. Because creating a movie poster based on a book can make them enjoy book...
Comments
Post a Comment